Waist to Hip Ratio
Use our Waist to Hip Ratio Calculator to determine your waist to hip ratio. Waist to hip ratio is a simple measure of where fat is stored in your body.
A healthy waist hip ratio for women is 80 percent or lower. A healthy ratio for men is 95 percent or lower.
Increasingly, scientific study of body shape shows that whilst being overweight is certainly bad for your health, it may not matter where that weight is held. Both your general level of activity and also specific types of exercise can affect your fat deposition and distribution. Even without targeting specific muscles or taking up a sport, if you simply increase the amount you do, such as walking or cycling instead of taking the car or bus, or using the stairs instead of the elevator, you will help your body to avoid building excess fat stores, including abdominally.
Share this calculator
- How To Lose Weight During Menopause
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight
- Weight Loss Pills: Will They Help Us With Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness?
- Successfully Manage Your Weight
- The Very Best Way To Lose Weight and Keep It Off
- Helping your Child Reach a Healthy Weight
- Gaining Weight on Hormone Replacement Therapy