Ask The Nurse

To personally discuss a medical issue or to make an appointment, call 216-444-4HER (216-444-4437). You can also make an appointment at Cleveland Clinic. For your security, please do not use this form to email personal, confidential health information. We cannot diagnose or treat by email. Our email policies are explained further in this disclaimer. You may also wish to review our privacy statement. Disclaimer | Privacy

I had a hemmorrhagic stroke in 2002 and have had urinary incontinence ever since. Would this be called an overactive bladder condition?

It is hard to say without a history physical urine test, a post void residual, a neurologic exam and a pelvic exam.

You should see a medical specialist in urinary incontinence and begin with bladder behavioral therapies.

All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health nurse

January 10, 2017 at 10:52am

Share this article


Go back to the question archive