Ask The Nurse

To personally discuss a medical issue or to make an appointment, call 216-444-4HER (216-444-4437). You can also make an appointment at Cleveland Clinic. For your security, please do not use this form to email personal, confidential health information. We cannot diagnose or treat by email. Our email policies are explained further in this disclaimer. You may also wish to review our privacy statement. Disclaimer | Privacy

I went to my doctor who told me I have a mass on my breast. How can I get the mass to go away, are there pills for it?

You will need further imaging of the breast to see if it is a simple cyst or something more serious. You may need to see a breast specialist.

There are medications that reduce breast cancer risk such as tamoxifen and raloxifene, however you need a diagnosis first.

All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health nurse

May 17, 2017 at 3:12pm

Share this article


Go back to the question archive