Wild Rice and Peppers
Out of oven space, you’ll love this jazzed up rice recipe with earthy wild rice, mushrooms and colorful antioxidant packed peppers. This recipe is from trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis.
Makes 8 (3/4-cup) servings
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, sliced in long, thin slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, sliced in long, thin slices
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Cook wild rice according to package directions; set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and sauté red and green peppers, and mushrooms until tender, 5 - 7 minutes. Stir in cooked wild rice, white rice, and green onion.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 163 Calories
- 35% Calories from Fat
- 7g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 352mg Sodium
- 23g Carbohydrate
- 2g Dietary Fiber
- 3g Sugar
- 4g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1.5 starch, 1 fat
Nutritional Nugget: The carotenoid-rich bell pepper provides powerful protection helping reduce the risk for certain cancers and boosting the immune system.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. For more of Holly's healthy recipes and tips, visit her YouTube channel, website and blog.