An ingredient mixture of cool crisp watermelon, juicy tomatoes, and fresh basil with balsamic vinegar creates an extraordinary and invigorating light salad. This Watermelon and Tomato Salad is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook.
Makes 10 (1/2-cup) servings
- 4 cups scooped out watermelon balls or chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In bowl, combine watermelon, onion, tomatoes and basil. Whisk together oil and vinegar, toss with salad. Season to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 46
- Calories from fat 29%
- Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 6mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 1g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
For more healthy and delicious recipes from Holly Clegg, visit hollyclegg.com.