Cool crisp watermelon, refreshing cantaloupe, and fresh basil create an extraordinary and invigorating light salad. This simple salad is also diabetic-friendly!
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® Eating Well Through Cancer.
Makes 6 (1/2-cup) servings
- 2 cups watermelon small chunks or balls
- 1 cup cantaloupe small chunks or balls
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- In large bowl, combine watermelon and cantaloupe.
- In small bowl, mix together lemon juice, honey, mint and basil.
- Season to taste.
- Toss with watermelon mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Add feta before serving
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 60 Calories
- 11% Calories from fat
- 1g Fat
- 0gSaturated Fat
- 2mg Cholesterol
- 89mg Sodium
- 13g Carbohydrates
- 1g Dietary Fiber
- 11g Total Sugars
- 2g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 fruit
Terrific Tip: You can make this salad the night before as the flavors meld together.
Nutritional Nugget: This salad is packed with immune-boosting Carotenoid antioxidants found in watermelon and cantaloupe.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® Eating Well Through Cancer cookbook. For more of Holly's easy healthy recipes and tips, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.