Pack up and head to a park closer to home, with our picnic of Tuna Nicoise. Put the potatoes, beans, tuna, olives, tomatoes and lettuce in airtight containers. It's only minutes to assemble this one-dish buffet. And, in no time, your picnickers will be dishing up some delicious French cuisine.
Recipe submitted by: Christine Peddy, Director, Building Brands with Wal-Mart, Unilever.
- 1 pound tuna steak, grilled
- 1 cup fresh greens
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 5 medium-sized new potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup ripe olives
- 1 cup fresh, French-style green beans (haricots verts)
Salad Dressing (serves 6)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Grill tuna steak over medium heat approximately 4 minutes per side, until steak begins to flake.
- Parboil or microwave green beans.
- Arrange all ingredients atop fresh greens.
- Sprinkle with dressing and serve immediately.
This recipe serves 4.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
With 3 tablespoons of dressing
- 389 calories
- 36 grams protein
- 29 grams carbohydrates
- 15 grams of fat (2 grams of saturated fat)