Gazpacho is served chilled, which makes it perfect for a summer meal starter. This cold tomato-based soup is low in calories and almost fat-free. Include peppers and other seasonings in the soup too.
Recipe submitted by Allison Wrobel, Associate Brand Manager, Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages.
- 4 ripe, red tomatoes, coarsely chopped (if canned, choose low-sodium, peeled)
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, cored, seeded and coarsely chopped (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 slice French bread, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano and/or flat leaf parsley (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1 green jalapeno pepper for garnish
- 1 cup ice water, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Process all ingredients together until soup is the desired texture.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with chopped bell peppers, cucumber, whole basil leaves, red onion, parsley and green jalapeno.
- Pepper, if desired.
This recipe makes 6 (1 cup) servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 46 calories
- 7 grams protein
- 4 grams carbohydrates
- 2 grams fat
- 0 grams saturated fat