Summer Sensation! Nothing beats fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and Kalamata’s (from the olive bar) for this top-notch refreshing pick-up.
Makes 16 servings (bread with about 2 tablespoons topping)
- 1 loaf French bread
- Garlic cloves or minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped tomatoes (about 1 ½ pounds seeded)
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Preheat oven 450°F. Slice French bread into thin slices and bake about 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and rub garlic clove across top.
- In bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- When ready to serve, top toasted bread.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 97
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 221 mg
- Carbohydrate: 17 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch