Summer Sensation! Nothing beats fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and Kalamata’s (from the olive bar) for this top-notch refreshing pick-up. This recipe is from Holly Clegg's cookbook, trim&TERRIFIC® Gulf Coast Favorites. Enjoy more delicious Holly Clegg recipes at hollyclegg.com.
Makes 16 servings (bread with about 2 tablespoons topping)
- 1 loaf French bread
- Garlic cloves or minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped tomatoes (about 1 ½ pounds seeded)
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Preheat oven 450°F. Slice French bread into thin slices and bake about 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and rub garlic clove across top.
- In bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. When ready to serve, top toasted bread.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 97
- Calories from fat 16%
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 221mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 4g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch