Teriyaki Marinade for Grilled Meats or Tofu
When I was growing up, I remember Mom let us pick what we wanted to have for our birthday dinner. I always chose Beef Teriyaki. It's now my husband's favorite recipe for venison. This marinade is so versatile you can use it for any of your favorite meats, fish or even for tofu!
Zonya Foco, RD
Author of Lickety-Split Meals for Health Conscious People on the Go! Visit www.zonya.com
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 Tbs firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh grated is best)
- 5 grinds fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 lb lean trimmed top round, sirloin, flank steak, chick breasts, venison, fish or 24oz tofu, cut into chunks or strips
- Night before or early morning:
- Mix together in a bowl big enough to hold the meat you will be marinating all ingredients (except meat or tofu) listed above
- Add meat or tofu and toss to coat. Allow to marinate, covered in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. (Exception for fish: do not exceed 2 hours in marinade).
- Toss several times during marination.
- Preheat gas grill or broiler.
- Position oven or grill rack 6 inches from heat source.
- Remove meat or tofu from marinade and grill or broil. Check meat or tofu frequently for doneness.
- Discard marinade.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Nutritional analysis not available.