Recipe from Margaret Asselin-Wood, Director of Marketing, Masterfoods USA (Dove Chocolate)
Dean Martin would have sung a different tune to “That's Amore” had he tried Sylvia’s Chicken Scallopine first! Make this meal for your guests, and they’ll know you prepared it with love.
- 4 skinned chicken breast halves, boned and de-fatted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 2 cups angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, freshly chopped
- With a meat mallet, pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thick. In a small bowl, combine flour and cheese. Dredge both sides of chicken breast in flour mixture.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté chicken breasts in 1 teaspoon olive oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Heat butter and remaining olive oil together over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add wine and simmer for about 3 minutes or until wine is evaporated. Add remaining ingredients except salt, pepper and parsley. Simmer sauce for 5 more minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/2 cup cooked angel hair pasta and parsley.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 390 calories
- 33 grams protein
- 35 grams carbohydrates
- 10 grams fat
- 80 milligrams cholesterol
- 301 milligrams sodium
- 2 grams fiber