Sweet Potato Wedges Wrapped in Prosciutto
This easy, tasty recipe gives a wonderful blend of sweet and salt to sweet potato wedges. Fantastic prosciutto is wrapped around sweet potato wedges and baked until it’s crispy and mouth-watering. Mix with basil leaves to create a popular new treat. Add a kick to traditional potato wedges with this innovative flavor combination!
Recipe from Holly Clegg, author of Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age.
- 2 Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes), (about 2 pounds)
- 4 ounces prosciutto, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven 425 degrees. Coat oblong baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into wedges (four per potato). In large nonstick skillet, add water to cover sweet potatoes.
- Bring to boil, cook 8-10 minutes or only until potatoes are firm but cooked. Do not overcook as will fall apart. Drain.
- Lay basil leaf on potato wedge and wrap with prosciutto. Repeat with all sweet potato wedges. Lay in prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, bake 10 minutes or until prosciutto starts to crisp.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 152 calories (12% calories from fat)
- 2 grams saturated fat
- 1 gram fat
- 12 milligrams cholesterol
- 313 milligrams sodium
- 29 grams carbohydrates
- 3 grams dietary fiber
- 11 grams sugars
- 5 grams protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch