A unique twist on a traditional hummus recipe! Enjoy this delicious and healthy Sweet Potato Hummus recipe with friends and family. They'll be sure to enjoy the combination of red peppers, sweet potatoes and fresh garlic.
- 15 ounce baked sweet potatoes, skin removed
- 1 (4 ounce jar) roasted red peppers, drained, with blackened skin removed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, fine dice
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
(Makes 4 Servings)
- In a food processor, puree the sweet potato, roasted red peppers, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne and salt.
- Process mixture until it is fairly smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle sweet potato hummus with chopped parsley before serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
(Serving Size: ½ cup)
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 460mg
Recipe created by Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute