Volunteer to bring this simple and fabulous sweet potato dish for your next holiday meal. Don’t save for only the holidays — eat all year round!
Makes 12 (1/2-cup) servings
- 3 cups cooked mashed peeled Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes), about 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup of one (14-ounce) can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- Praline Topping (see recipe below)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, cream together all ingredients except the topping with potato masher or mixer until blended. Transfer to prepared dish and sprinkle with Praline Topping.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until thoroughly heated and the topping is brown and crumbly.
- In bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans until crumbly.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 274 Calories
- 34% Calories from Fat
- 11g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 12mg Cholesterol
- 87mg Sodium
- 42g Carbohydrates
- 3g Dietary Fiber
- 28g Total Sugars
- 4g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Terrific Tip: Canned (drained) or fresh sweet potatoes may be used for this recipe.