No fuss with stuffing this artichoke! Mix all the ingredients in one skillet, close your eyes and you will think you are eating a stuffed artichoke. Outstanding, simple and one of my most popular recipes!
This recipe is from Holly Clegg's trimandTERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence.
Makes 4 (1 cup) servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add stuffing, oregano and basil, mixing until combined. Add chicken broth and artichokes, carefully mixing.
- Add cheese stirring until heated and well mixed.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 216 Calories
- 39% Calories from Fat
- 10g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 6mg Cholesterol
- 759mg Sodium
- 26g Carbohydrates
- 3g Dietary Fiber
- 5g Total Sugars
- 7g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 2 fat
Terrific Tip: Prepare ahead of time and transfer to baking dish. Heat in 350°F oven 20 minutes or until heated. For vegetarian version, substitute vegetable broth.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence. For more of Holly's easy healthy recipes and tips, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.