Split Pea Soup
This recipe is perfect for St. Patrick’s day and healthy at the same time! You can multiply the ingredients to make additional servings, or you can also freeze or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- ½ cup split peas, uncooked
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Place all ingredients in a small soup kettle.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until peas are tender.