Recipe from Holly Clegg's Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age.
If you have salsa, kidney and navy beans, and chicken, then what could be better than a chicken chili? Serve with reduced-fat cheese, avocado and onions.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 14 ½-ounce can chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded reduced-fat cheese, avocado, and red onions, optional
- In large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, season chicken and cook until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Add salsa, tomatoes, broth, green chilies, oregano and cumin. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook 15 minutes. Add corn and beans, cooking another 5-10 minutes until well heated and bubbly. Serve with condiments.
This recipe makes 10 (1 cup) servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 257 calories (7% calories from fat)
- 2 grams fat
- 0 grams saturated fat
- 53 milligrams cholesterol
- 740 milligrams sodium
- 29 grams carbohydrates
- 7 grams dietary fiber
- 6 grams sugars
- 29 grams protein
- Dietary exchanges: 2 starch, 4 very lean meat