A fantastic satisfying vegetable entrée as the spicy taco seasoning perfectly contrasts the naturally sweet yams.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® Eating Well Through Cancer. For more of Holly's healthy recipes and tips, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.
Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings
- 4 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (yams) cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, cut into small chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into small chunks
- 1 (6-ounce) package portabella mushroom slices, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix (about half of 1.25-oz packet)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven 425˚F. Line baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- On prepared baking pan, toss sweet potatoes, zucchini, onion, and mushrooms with olive oil to coat vegetables. Sprinkle with taco seasoning, toss.
- Bake 40 minutes, shaking pan every 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and roasted.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 110 Calories
- 2g Protein
- 17g Carbohydrate
- 4g Fat
- 31% Calories from Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 3g Dietary Fiber
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 209mg Sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0.5 fat
Terrific Tidbit: Pop any leftovers into a soup pot with some chicken broth for a terrific Southwestern vegetable soup. Lining the pan with foil makes quick clean up!
Nutritional Nugget: Sweet potato and zucchini are rich in the antioxidant, Vitamin A, low in calories and a good source of fiber.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® Eating Well Through Cancer. For more of Holly's easy healthy recipes and tips, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.