Fresh salmon makes all the difference with these sensationally delicious burgers full of snap and pop!
Makes 8 salmon burgers
- 2 pounds fresh salmon fillets, skinned
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- With knife or food processor, chop salmon into small pieces.
- In large bowl, mix together salmon, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, dill and season to taste.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg and egg white and add to salmon mixture.
- Using your hands, gently mix salmon mixture with cereal (mixture will be loose). Form mixture into burgers.
- Heat large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 188
- Calories from Fat 29%
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 76mg
- Sodium 142mg
- Carbohydrates 7g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 25g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Salmon patties may be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to cook. If grilling, place salmon patties in freezer about 20-30 minutes and they will hold together better.