This is Holly Clegg's FAVORITE snack mix recipe that’s simple and fantastic with a mixture of savory and sweet. With seasonal M&M’s, this festive recipe is hard to beat. It makes a great snack, gift or perfect for the munchies.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook.
Makes 20 (1/2-cup) servings
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups honey-nut toasted rice and corn cereal squares
- 6 cups mini-pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven 250°F. Line baking pan with foil.
- In small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, and garlic powder.
- On prepared pan, combine cereal squares, pretzels, and peanuts. Add oil mixture and toss with cereal mixture. Bake 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Turn off oven and remain in oven 1 hour to continue crisping. Cool completely and toss with chocolate candies. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 205 Calories
- 36% Calories from Fat
- 8g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 1mg Cholesterol
- 357mg Sodium
- 29g Carbohydrate
- 1g Dietary Fiber
- 4g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: Use seasonal chocolate candies for the different holidays. Leave out the chocolate candies and add dried cranberries, if desired. Or, the mixture can be made without either.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. For more of Holly's healthy recipes and tips, visit her YouTube channel, website and blog.