Recipe from Mary Wilson, Speaking of Women’s Health Celebrity Spokeswoman.
This Turkey Chili recipe is made with oregano, cumin and peppers. A warm and delicious meal for those cool nights.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned Muir Glen organic tomato sauce
- 15 ounces canned low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Recipe makes 10 (1 cup) servings.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion, red bell pepper and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey breast, salt, chili flakes and black pepper. Brown over medium heat until the turkey is cooked through.
- Pour the mixture into a crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Cook for 8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 200 calories
- 21 grams protein
- 24 grams carbohydrates
- 2 grams fat
- 39 milligrams cholesterol
- 472 milligrams sodium
- 8 grams fiber