Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™ Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Zesty, meaty casserole with a biscuit surprise — you will be amazed at how extraordinarily tasty this simple combination is. This recipe has become so popular in the Clegg family.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence.
Makes 9 (1-cup) servings
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (8-10 count) can reduced-fat refrigerator biscuits
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large nonstick skillet, cook meat and onion until meat is done; drain excess fat.
- Add enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, black beans and corn, stirring well.
- Cut biscuits into fourths and stir into meat mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
- Return to oven and bake 5-7 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 257
- Calories from Fat 28%
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 36mg
- Sodium 815mg
- Carbohydrates 27g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars 5g
- Protein 20g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Use kitchen scissors to make cutting biscuits easy. If you have trouble finding enchilada sauce, you can substitute salsa.