This magnificent dish is gourmet-on-the-go and takes minutes to prepare and has been one of Holly Clegg's most popular salmon recipes. This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine cream cheese and feta with fork, mSixing until blended. Add onion and spinach, combining well.
- Split each piece of salmon in half lengthwise without cutting all the way through (make pocket). Divide filling in each fillet spreading to cover. Place top salmon piece back over filling and on prepared baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until flaky and done.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 291
- Calories from fat 37%
- Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 114mg
- Sodium 438mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 42g
- Dietary Exchanges: 5 lean meat
Nutritional Nugget: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, having a wide variety of benefits from reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke to reducing joint pain from inflammation – and is better absorbed through food than supplements.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis