Shrimp Poppy Seed Pasta Salad
This simple six-ingredient salad from Holly Clegg will please even the most picky palate.
Enjoy more delicious recipes from Holly Clegg's cookbook, trim&TERRIFIC® Gulf Coast Favorites.
Makes 6–8 servings
- 1 (12 ounce package) tri-colored rotini
- 1 pound medium peeled shrimp, cooked
- 1/3 cups pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cups reduced-fat poppy seed dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, shrimp, pine nuts, spinach.
- In small bowl, whisk together poppy seed dressing and vinegars.
- Toss with pasta mixture before serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
- Sodium: 205 mg
- Carbohydrate: 36 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Terrific Tidbit: Make your own poppy seed dressing by whisking together:
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard