Shrimp Poppy Seed Pasta Salad
This simple six-ingredient salad from Holly Clegg will please even the most picky palate. Enjoy more delicious recipes from Holly Clegg's cookbook, trim&TERRIFIC® Gulf Coast Favorites.
Makes 6–8 servings
- 1 (12 ounce package) tri-colored rotini
- 1 pound medium peeled shrimp, cooked
- 1/3 cups pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cups reduced-fat poppy seed dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well. In large bowl, combine pasta, shrimp, pine nuts, spinach.
- In small bowl, whisk together poppy seed dressing and vinegars. Toss with pasta mixture before serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 282
- Calories from fat (%) 21
- Fat (g) 7
- Saturated Fat (g) 1
- Cholesterol (mg) 111
- Sodium (mg) 205
- Carbohydrate (g) 36
- Dietary Fiber (g) 1
- Sugars (g) 4
- Protein (g) 19
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Terrific Tidbit: Make your own poppy seed dressing by whisking together ¼ cup orange juice, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoon canola oil, 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, and salt.