Scrambled Omelet Florentine
Get your deep green vegetables at breakfast! Enjoy an omelet “scrambled style” so you don't have the stress of flipping it correctly. This is a quick everyday high-protein breakfast, as well as perfect for company.
Recipe from Kally Mavromatis
- 2 cups of fresh, unpacked, ready-to-eat baby spinach
- 2 shakes of dried onion flakes
- 1/2 cup of egg substitute (i.e. Egg Beaters)
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 shakes of dried dill weed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled, reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tomato
- Coat a sauté pan with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the spinach and dried onion and sauté for 2 minutes (spinach will shrink down to almost nothing).
- Add the Egg Beaters, cracked pepper and dill weed.
- Stir until the eggs are almost completely set.
- Add the chopped tomato and feta cheese for the last one minute of cooking time.
- Serve with whole-grain toast and sliced fruit.
This recipe makes one serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 110 calories
- 500 milligrams sodium
- 2 grams fat
- 5 grams carbohydrates
- 6 grams fiber
- 17 grams protein