Scrambled Omelet Florentine
Recipe from Kally Mavromatis
Get your deep green vegetables at breakfast! Enjoy an omelet “scrambled style” so you don't have the stress of flipping it correctly. This is a quick everyday high-protein breakfast, as well as perfect for company.
- 2 cups of fresh, unpacked, ready-to-eat baby spinach
- 2 shakes of dried onion flakes
- 1/2 cup of egg substitute (i.e. Egg Beaters)
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 shakes of dried dill weed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled, reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tomato
- Coat a sauté pan with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the spinach and dried onion and sauté for 2 minutes (spinach will shrink down to almost nothing).
- Add the Egg Beaters, cracked pepper and dill weed.
- Stir until the eggs are almost completely set.
- Add the chopped tomato and feta cheese for the last one minute of cooking time.
- Serve with whole-grain toast and sliced fruit.
This recipe makes one serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 110 calories
- 500 milligrams sodium
- 2 grams fat
- 5 grams carbohydrates
- 6 grams fiber
- 17 grams protein