Whip up this quick Mexican chicken dish with salsa and four ingredients. Serve over rice to take advantage of the tasty southwestern sauce. Enjoy more delicious recipes from Holly Clegg's cookbook, trim&TERRIFIC® Eating Well to Fight Arthritis.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 (1-ounce) package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cilantro or green onion, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat oblong glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix together salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- Place chicken into prepared dish. Pour sauce over chicken and bake 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro or green onion, if desired.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 238
- Calories from Fat 19%
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 776mg
- Carbohydrates 15g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 5g
- Protein 29g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Look for containers of fresh salsa in the produce section of the grocery but salsa in a jar works fine.
Nutrition Nugget: Did you know that 1/2 cup of salsa equals one serving of vegetables? All the more reason to dig in!