Two popular desserts, red velvet cake and cheesecake create the ultimate indulgence. This delicious recipe is from Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence.
Makes 2 (9-inch round) cheesecake pies — 16 servings
- 2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 (1-ounce) bottle red food coloring
- 2 (9-inch) round commercially bought chocolate pie crusts
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, egg white, cornstarch, cocoa, sour cream, vanilla, buttermilk, vinegar and red food coloring, mixing well.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is firm. Turn off oven and remain in oven 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 270
- Calories from Fat 39%
- Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 46mg
- Sodium 262mg
- Carbohydrates 34g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 23g
- Protein 7g
- Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 1/2 fat
Terrific Tidbit: For chocolate crust: 1 1/4 cups chocolate, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons butter melted, combine all, press into bottom of spring form pan, and bake 350°F 10 minutes.
Find more recipes from Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence.