A few mixes and boxes come together for this stupendous trifle layering red velvet cake. Heavenly pudding, berries and whipped topping making it the perfect dessert.
Makes 25 servings
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 cups skim milk, divided
- 2 (4-serving) boxes instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or combination
- 1 (8-ounce) container nonfat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and water, blending until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in bowl mix together cream cheese and a little milk to blend. Add remaining milk and both boxes of pudding, mixing following directions on box.
- In trifle bowl or large glass bowl, layer cake, 2 tablespoons orange juice, half the pudding, berries, and whipped topping. Repeat layers ending with whipped topping.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 182
- Calories from fat 28%
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 18 mg
- Sodium 275mg
- Carbohydrate 30 g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 3g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat