Forget barbecue when you can instantly whip up this awesome and simple pulled chicken recipe. Serve on sandwiches, sliders or as an entrée.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence.
Makes 4 (3/4-cup) servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- In nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion until tender. Add remaining ingredients except chicken, stirring. Cook about 7 minutes.
- Add chicken and continue cooking until well heated.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 170 Calories
- 14% Calories from Fat
- 3g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 63mg Cholesterol
- 821mg Sodium
- 16g Carbohydrates
- 1g Dietary Fiber
- 11g Total Sugars
- 21g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Chili sauce is found where ketchup is in the grocery. If you want to substitute ketchup for chili sauce, add 1 teaspoon chili powder to ketchup.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidenc. For more of Holly's healthy recipes and tips, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.