Peppermint Patty Cheesecake
Don’t let the holiday season be a reason for you to not eat right. Put those candy canes to extra use with this scrumptious dessert from Canyon Ranch. Serving-sized pieces can be individually wrapped and kept frozen to give as gifts. Enjoy!
Recipe from Carol Hamilton, President & General Manager, L'Oreal Paris.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, regular or chocolate (4 1/2 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups fat-free cream cheese (24 oz.) at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons fat-free, sweetened condensed skim milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fructose
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 small peppermint candies (candy canes) coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch springform cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and water in a bowl. Mix until moistened. Press into the bottom of the pan.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except the peppermint candies in a bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the pan on top of the crust. Sprinkle the candies around the top edge of the cheesecake.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until cake is firm, but the center moves slightly when touched.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate, tightly covered, for at least 4 hours, or overnight before serving.
16 servings per recipe.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 135 calories
- 4 g protein
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fat
- 38 mg calcium