Taken from the Cleveland Clinic Healthy Heart Cookbook.
This recipe can be modified, decreasing fat and calories, by using a “light,” low-fat soy milk. Other substitutes can include skim milk for soy milk or strawberries (fresh or frozen) for peaches. It is a very refreshing and tasty drink for snack or breakfast.
- 1 cup fortified, plain soy milk
- 1 fresh peach, skin left on (can substitute 2 canned halves — canned in own juice)
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Blend items together. Top smoothie with sauce and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 248 calories
- 32 grams carbohydrates
- 17 grams protein
- 2 grams fiber
- 6 grams fat
- 1.7 grams saturated fat
- 10 grams soy protein