Noni’s Potato Pie
Enjoy these potato pies at your next gathering. Taste the mix of buttermilk, cheese and ham inside these pies. Noni's Potato Pies are a perfect example of a delicious everyday recipe that is also good enough for company!
Recipe from Karen Fondu, President & General Manager of Maybelline New York/Garnier.
- 2 pounds red bliss potatoes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 whole eggs
- 8 ounces low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound diced all-natural ham free of nitrates and preservatives
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9"x13"x 2" baking pan with canola oil and dust with 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Place 8 cups water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Turn off heat and drain water.
- With an electric mixer add milks, butter, salt and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Turn mixer to low and add eggs followed by cheeses, ham and parsley.
- Pour potato mixture into pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. Cut into 12 servings and serve with 1/2 cup fresh vegetables or 2 cups green salad.
Each recipe makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 320 calories
- 22 g protein
- 30 g carbohydrates
- 12 g fat
- 99 mg cholesterol
- 750 mg sodium
- 5 g fiber