Moroccan Couscous Steak Salad
Recipe from Anthony Hubbard, Manager, Account Specific Marketing, Kellogg's.
This is a terrific salad for any occasion, and the flavor of the fruits and spices is delightful. Use leftover steak or flank steak as the salad’s base. Add in a layer of couscous for an exotic taste.
- 8-ounce steak, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 1 sliced pear
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 ounces of blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (lime works great also)
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar (any flavored vinegar works, experiment to find your favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, but replace water (liquid) with sugar-free apple juice.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 cup golden raisins or currants.
Arrange on a plate
- Mixed field greens
- Sliced pear
- Blanched almonds, or pistachios, to taste
- Thinly sliced steak (served warm or cold)
- Create a bed of couscous in center of plate
This recipe makes 2 servings (4-ounce steak and 1/2 cup cooked couscous).
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 410 calories
- 32 grams protein
- 44 grams carbohydrates
- 13 grams fat
- 22 milligrams calcium