The secret ingredient in this delicious drink is kale! Kale is an excellent natural source of omega-3 fatty acids, which protect your heart and joints, and aid memory. This leafy green also reduces inflammation. Unchecked inflammation can lead to heart disease, cancer and arthritis. Kale is also a phenomenal source of Vitamin K, which offers protection against heart attack and stroke.
- 1 tablespoon kale
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-1/2 ounce vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1 celery stick for garnish
Makes 1 cocktail
- Purée kale using a blender or food processor, then grate ginger into a bowl.
- Combine puréed kale, ginger, ground pepper and turmeric in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Add vodka and tomato juice, and shake. Strain over glass filled with ice. Garnish with celery before serving.
Recipe provided by the Wellness Institute at Cleveland Clinic