Recipe submitted by VeLois Bowers, Vice President, Diversity and Inclusion, Kellogg Company. Provided with permission from Speaking of Women's Health speaker Chef Carmen Bazille.
This festive salad, made with tri-colored pasta, vibrant veggies and succulent chicken, is the perfect side dish for any meal.
- 1 pound tri-colored pasta (for a healthy alternative, try whole-wheat pasta)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, fresh
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions (scallions) cut into pieces
- 8 ounces shelled sweet peas, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes (grape or cherry) cut in halves
- 8 ounces can ripe olives, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons cilantro
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Miss Ruth's All Natural Seasoning, to taste (no salt is preferred)
- Raspberry vinaigrette dressing as needed to coat pasta
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 head Romaine lettuce to garnish the plate
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil to sauté chicken breasts until tender
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté chicken in olive oil until juices run clear.
- Blanch the peas and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and toss.
- Note: One pound of pasta (uncooked) will yield two to two-and-a-half pounds cooked pasta.
This recipe makes 6 (1 cup) servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 409 calories
- 38 grams protein
- 35 grams carbohydrates
- 14 grams fat
- 2.5 grams saturated fat