Mango Chutney Spread
Surprisingly simple with six ingredients and you have this mild sweet, spicy, and salty spread, (opposite flavors attract) that tantalizes every taste bud in each bite. Serve with crackers.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg, author of Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2/3 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- Mix together cream cheese and curry, spread on serving plate.
- Carefully spread chutney over cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with green onions, pecans and bacon. Cover, refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 71 Calories
- 59& Calories from fat
- 5g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 13mg Cholesterol
- 105mg Sodium
- 6g Carbohydrates
- 0g Dietary Fiber
- 5g Sugar
- 2g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Spicy Advice: Mango chutney is in the grocery with jars of chutney and sauces.