Lucky Green Smoothie
Drink in good health all year, not just on St. Patrick’s Day. This delicious, healthy smoothie features spinach and kale—the cancer-fighting greens that keep you going—as well as sweet grapes, a pear, orange and banana.
Recipe created by Jim Perko, Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute Chef
- 1 cup cleaned spinach leaves, firmly packed
- 1 cup cleaned kale, roughly chopped, firmly packed
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 Bartlett pear – core, stem and seeds removed
- 1 orange – peeled, pith removed, quartered
- 1 banana – peeled
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Process on low speed for 15 seconds.
- Increase to medium speed, then high speed.
- Process until well blended.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Makes 5 servings
Per serving (1 cup)
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrate: 19 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 0 g
- Sodium: 15 mg