Lucky Green Smoothie
Recipe created by Jim Perko, Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute Chef
Drink in good health all year, not just on St. Patrick’s Day. This delicious, healthy smoothie features spinach and kale—the cancer-fighting greens that keep you going—as well as sweet grapes, a pear, orange and banana.
- 1 cup cleaned spinach leaves, firmly packed
- 1 cup cleaned kale, roughly chopped, firmly packed
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 Bartlett pear – core, stem and seeds removed
- 1 orange – peeled, pith removed, quartered
- 1 banana – peeled
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Process on low speed for 15 seconds.
- Increase to medium speed, then high speed.
- Process until well blended.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Makes 5 servings
Per serving (1 cup)
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrate: 19 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 0 g
- Sodium: 15 mg