Delicious and diabetic! Serve this scrumptious shrimp and sauce with angel hair pasta or couscous to enjoy all the yummy sauce.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook.
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds peeled medium shrimp
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Refrigerate one hour, time permitting.
- Preheat oven 450°F. Place shrimp and marinade on foil lined baking pan. Bake 10 minutes (depending on shrimp size) or until shrimp are done and marinade bubbling. Serve shrimp with sauce. Season to taste.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 206
- Calories from Fat: 65%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- Sodium: 257mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 16g
- Dietary Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat
Terrific Tip: Look in the produce section of the grocery for containers of pre-chopped green onion.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook.