Kale Salad with Fruity Vinaigrette
Kale is all the rage and you’ll if you give kale a try with this salad, you’ll understand why!!! An intriguing salad with an extraordinary tasty flavor combination. This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis.
Makes 8 servings
- 8 cups chopped kale, center ribs and stems removed
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 apple, nectarine or fruit of choice, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Fruity Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In large bowl, toss together kale, cabbage, fruit and pecans. Toss with Fruity Vinaigrette (see recipe).
- In bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 145 cal
- Calories from Fat 52%
- Fat 9 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 44 mg
- Carbohydrates 16 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Total Sugars 7 g
- Protein 3 g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 vegetable, 2 fat
Terrific Tip: Look for pre-chopped kale in bags at the grocery for short-cut.
Nutrition Nugget: 1 cup of kale provides a whopping 5 grams of fiber, 15% of your daily calcium recommended intake, 180% of vitamin A, and 200% of vitamin C!
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis.
Visit Holly’s YouTube channel and website or blog for more recipes and tips.