Recipe from Candace Matthews, President & General Manager, SoftSheen-Carson.
With a little luck, you don't even have to be Irish to feed your family and guests this one-dish dinner. Make this delicious pot at the end of the rainbow and the raves will be golden!
- 2 pounds lean stew beef (or lamb, if preferred)
- 1 clove garlic, grated or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1–12 ounce bottle Extra Stout beer
- 2 cups beef broth (low-sodium)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4 new potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 turnips, cut into quarters (if desired)
- 1 4-inch stem of rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
Recipe makes 6 servings.
- Combine all ingredients (except the cornstarch and water) in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a bowl and stir into the stew.
- Cover the slow cooker and allow the stew to cook an additional 10 minutes, until thickened slightly.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 385 calories
- 46 g protein
- 16 g carbohydrates
- 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat)