Honey mustard with a bit of spice glaze over salmon with a delicious flavor for gourmet-on-the-go.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In microwave-safe dish, microwave brown sugar, honey, mustard, and soy sauce until melted together, 30 seconds. Add ginger.
- Coat salmon with oil, place skin side down in heated nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover salmon with glaze, cook 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Turn salmon over, cover opposite side with glaze. Continue cooking 3–5 minutes longer or until salmon is cooked to desired doneness. Add remaining glaze to pan, heat well 1 minute, and serve with salmon.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 295 Calories
- 33% Calories from Fat
- 11g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 80mg Cholesterol
- 467mg Sodium
- 12g Carbohydrates
- 0g Dietary Fiber
- 11g Total Sugars
- 37g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 5 lean meat
Nutrition Nugget: Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, providing a host of nutritional benefits including reduced risk of heart disease and inflammation which helps with joint pain.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™ Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. For more of Holly's easy healthy recipes, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.