Heart Healthy Grilled or Baked Salmon
"There are plenty of ways to enjoy salmon...this is a simple, quick and easy recipe that tastes great everytime!
National Minority Spokesperson, Singer/Songwriter
- 3 lbs salmon fillet
- dried dill
- garlic powder
- small dash of Jane's Crazy Salt or Morton's "No Salt"
- 1 Tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- Optional: sprigs of fresh lovage
- Pre-heat charcoal grill or if using an oven, pre-heat to 450 degrees.
- Lay flat a length of Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, long enough to extend 5 inches beyond each end of the salmon fillet. Form a "pan" by rolling up all 4 sides of the foil to make the sides of the "pan". Spraying the foil with a non-stick spray will make it easier to slice and serve.
- Sprinkle the salmon with dill, garlic powder, and very lightly with seasoned salt or salt substitute.
- Spread 1 Tbsp fat-free mayo to keep salmon moist while cooking at these high temps.
- If you have fresh lovage, lay it across the salmon.
- If using the oven, cooking time is approx. 15 to 17 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- If grilling, it takes from 20 to 30 minutes, depending on thickness of fish and whether or not your grill has a lid. (Using a lid cooks the fish faster.)
- Before cutting and serving the salmon, remove the lovage, if using.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 8
Each 6 oz. serving contains:
- 290 calories
- 37 g. protein
- Fewer than 2 g. carbohydrates
- 15 g. fat
- 47% calories from fat, but...only 8% calories from saturated fat
- 18 mg. calcium