Healthy Pita Chips
Submitted by: Lauren Weber, DO • Women's Health Specialist and Family Practice, Center for Women's Health, A NorthBay Affiliate
Enjoy this recipe for home-made, healthy pita chips with friends or treat yourself. With only four ingredients and a few easy steps, you can whip these up in no time!
- 1 Sprouted grain wrap or whole wheat tortillas
- Olive oil
- Salt (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper or garlic powder. (Your choice of seasoning.)
- 1 Sprouted grain wrap or whole wheat tortillas-cut into 8 triangles.
- Brush with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt-if desired
- Sprinkle some with Parmesan cheese or cayenne pepper or garlic powder. You can sprinkle with any type of seasoning.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown. Careful to watch them to make sure they don't burn.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Serving size is 8 triangles
- Calories: 170
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5m g
- Sodium: 410 mg
- Carbohydrate: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g