Recipe from Holly Clegg, author of Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age.
Regular guacamole gets a different flavor with this Mediterranean alternative. Feta cheese, rice vinegar and dried oregano leaves add a delicious taste to traditional guacamole. Shake things up by combining two different flavors into one mouth-watering dip. This dip definitely satisfied the cravings of this avocado and feta addict.
- 1 cup chopped avocado (1-2 avocados)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon NAKANO seasoned rice vinegar (basil and oregano flavored)
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- In bowl, gently stir together avocado, onion and garlic.
- Mix in parsley and oregano.
- Gently stir in olive oil, vinegar and feta. Refrigerate or serve.
Recipe makes 5 (1/4 cup) servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 123 calories (72% calories from fat)
- 11 grams fat
- 2 grams saturated fat
- 3 milligrams cholesterol
- 105 milligrams sodium
- 7 grams carbohydrates
- 4 grams dietary fiber
- 1 gram sugar
- 3 grams protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 fat