If you like guacamole, then wait until you try this avocado and edamame combination for a wonderful delicious and nutritious diabetic, vegetarian, avocado dip. Serve with fresh veggies or chips.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® Eating Well To Fight Arthritis.
Makes 10 (1/4-cup) servings
- 1 large avocado, (about 2/3 cup mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In food processor, combine all ingredients, mixing until smooth.
Terrific Tip: Can also use to stuff vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 62 Calories
- 47% Calories from Fat
- 3g Fat
- 0g Saturated Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 50mg Sodium
- 5g Carbohydrates
- 2g Dietary Fiber
- 2g Total Sugars
- 4g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Nutrition Nugget: Soybeans are high in omega 3 fatty acids, which are necessary to ingest through food for their anti-inflammatory benefits.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® Eating Well To Fight Arthritis. For more of Holly's easy, healthy, recipes and tips, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.