Experiment with different vegetables and fruits on your grill this upcoming grilling season for a healthy grilling experience.
- 1 package prepared whole-wheat pizza crust (found in refrigerated section)
- ½ cup prepared pesto sauce
- 4 oz. of soft, low-fat goat cheese, cut in small cubes
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced thin
- 1∕3 cup of canned roasted red pepper, drained well and cut in thin strips
- 6 oz. pre-cooked chicken breast, cut in small chunks
- Spray or brush grill grate with oil. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Brush or spray a cutting board or large pan with olive oil. Spread out pizza dough with oiled fingers into the desired crust shape.
- Prepare vegetables, chicken and cheese in small cups or bowls. Set aside.
- When you are ready to grill, put pizza dough on grill and cover. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until the top begins to bubble and the bottom in lightly browned.
- Flip over and brush with pesto sauce. Working quickly, add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers and chicken. Dot with cheese. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Take off the heat and enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 428
- Total fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 24g
- Sodium: 540mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- Magnesium: 80mg
- Potassium: 410mg