Greek Shrimp Scampi
A quick stir-fry combines classic Mediterranean ingredients into one fabulous dish. Serve with angel hair pasta.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 easy recipes from my Louisiana Kitchen.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved or 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds medium peeled shrimp
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil, sauté garlic 30 seconds. Add parsley, oregano, tomatoes, broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 10–12 minutes. Add shrimp, cook several minutes or until shrimp start to turn pink.
- Stir in spinach, continue cooking until spinach is wilted and shrimp are done, just a few minutes. Toss with pine nuts, sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 206
- Calories from fat (%) 30
- Fat (g) 7
- Saturated Fat (g) 2
- Cholesterol (mg) 213
- Sodium (mg) 499
- Carbohydrate (g) 9
- Dietary Fiber (g) 3
- Sugars (g) 4
- Protein (g) 27
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat