Recipe submitted by Holly Clegg, author of Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age.
Grab a large skillet for a quick journey to the Mediterranean. Take advantage of the scrumptious sauce. Serve with pasta or rice (try whole grain pasta or brown rice).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté onion until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano and season to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and olives; continue cooking until shrimp are done, about 5-7 minutes. Add peas, cook several minutes. Sprinkle with feta, serve.
Each recipe makes 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 182 calories (32% calories from fat)
- 6 g fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 170 mg cholesterol
- 567 mg sodium
- 9 g carbohydrates
- 2 g dietary fiber
- 4 g sugars
- 21 g protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat