Great Garden Salad
Color equals nutrition and this salad is overflowing with flavor, color and garden fresh favorites. This Great Garden Salad recipe is from Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC EATING WELL TO FIGHT ARTHRITIS: 200 easy recipes and practical tips to help REDUCE INFLAMMATION and EASE SYMPTOMS.
Makes 6 (2/3-cup) servings
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame, cooked according to directions and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In bowl, combine corn, tomatoes, cucumber, edamame, red onion, and avocado.
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice and oil. Toss with corn mixture and season to taste.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 92
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 9mg
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Terrific Tidbit: Look for frozen shelled edamame in the frozen vegetable section.