Flank Steak in Coffee Marinade
Its grilling time and wait until you taste this amazing marinade. Coffee adds depth and flavor while being a natural tenderizer for a rich, flavorsome meat. When making morning coffee, save some for the marinade and toss on grill when get home. Gluten-free recipe.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Guy’s Guide To Eating Well.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat
- In large plastic bag or glass dish, combine all ingredients except flank steak, mixing well. Add flank steak, refrigerate, and marinate 2 hours or more, turning occasionally.
- Discard marinade. Grill over hot fire until cooked rare to medium rare, 4-7 minutes on each side. Serve rare, cut diagonally across grain into thin slices. May be broiled in oven. Let sit 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 211 kcal Calories
- 40% Calories from fat
- 9 g Fat
- 4 g Saturated Fat
- 86 mg Cholesterol
- 86 mg Sodium
- 0 g Carbohydrates
- 0 g Dietary Fiber
- 0 g Total Sugars
- 30 g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 4 lean meat
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Guy’s Guide To Eating Well. For more healthy recipes, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.